NIGERIAN MEMBERS AND POTENTIAL MEMBERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (IACD)
THEME: Towards Professionalism in Community Development Practice in Nigeria
On behalf of all members of IACD in Nigeria, you are invited to attend the first meeting of IACD members in Nigeria. The meeting will be followed by a National Community Development Practitioners' consultative workshop that will include all interested persons that would like to join IACD. You are therefore invited to join colleagues from all over Nigeria in strengthening Community Development practice and professionalism.
The objectives of the meeting and workshop are to:
- Provide opportunity for all IACD members to know each other and for recruitment of new members,
- Create a platform for promoting the ideals and goals of the IACD in Nigeria and in sub-saharan Africa in general,
- Develop a framework for active engagement of IACD members in all local, national and international activities of IACD,
- Discuss possibilities for hosting the IACD Practitioner Dialogue programme in 2013,
- Provide opportunity for innovative dialogue on community development theory and practice in Nigeria, and
- Make recommendations on strengthening Community Development Practice in Nigeria.
Workshop Venue: Cherish Support Foundation Academy Batsari, Katsina State, Nigeria.
Dates/Duration: 5-6 December 2012 (2 days with a day for Field visits inclusive)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Community Development professionals and volunteers in public and private sectors
- Community Development scholars, educators, facilitators and mentors
- Leaders and members of NGOs, CSOs, CBOs, FBOs, youths and women groups etc
- Heads and staff of Community Development Departments at Federal, State and Local Government levels
- Community Development Desk Officers in programmes and projects
- Community mobilization officers and Community Extension workers
- Students interested in a career in community development or community development volunteering
PARTICIPANTS (IACD MEMBERS AND POTENTIAL MEMBERS) shall:
- Be responsible for their transportation to and from the workshop
- Pay fees to cover costs of workshop handouts, lunch and tea breaks including transportation for local field visits
- Arrange for their accommodation
- There are cheap, good and affordable hotels in Katsina town some of which are listed below
- Each participant is to pay registration fees of six thousand five hundred naira (N6, 500.00) only.
- Payment shall be made directly to the bank account detailed below:
Name of Bank &Address: Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, Bello Road, Kano, Nigeria
Account Name: ICEADA
Account Number: 303 902202 110 (0020670026)
Swift Code: GTBINGLA
- Participants who are unable to pay before the workshop date shall pay N7, 000.00 at the venue of the workshop at the point of registration.
Professor Muhammad Bello Shitu +234-8033175965
IACD BOARD MEMBER (Representing SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA)